On 31/3/06 2:24 am, "Leila Singleton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> - We would need some kind of solution that would track the path of a
> visitor through various "pages" of content in much the same way that
> Apache does for web sites; e.g., what buttons were clicked, what movies
> were watched, dates, times, some way of differentiating between
> visitors (probably time-contingent), etc.
>
> - We would need to generate some kind of log of this activity that is
> either written directly to a CSV file or can be easily converted to
> said format. Also acceptable would be a log file like those Apache
> generates that can be run through something like Web Trends or Urchin.

Hi Leila,

You can find part of the solution already in the History Button behavior
that you can find here...

  <http://nonlinear.openspark.com/tips/behavior/updates/>

... and which is demonstrated here:

  <http://nonlinear.openspark.com/tips/navigation/history/index.htm>

This tracks which markers the user jumped to, and in which order.  It is
intended to allow the user to retrace her steps through a set of movies, but
it could be easily hijacked and made to write out a list of buttons clicked,
markers and movies visited, dates and times.

I also have a version of my Multiple Undo script which records all user
activity for a given session to an external file.  The file for any session
can later be loaded and played back, showing the exact path a user took
through a movie, including all the modifications.  This script is not
currently on-line, but you can see how the standard Multiple Undo scripts
work at:

  <http://www.director-online.com/buildArticle.php?id=1131>.

Cheers,

James