> Hi,

Hello

> 1. Is it neccessary to create an XML file to store the questions? Or
is
> there another way to  create quiz questions?

You can do a quiz like this storing your content anywhere. Some people
use XML, others use databases, text files, text members, or script
members. You could even store them in your own binary file format.
However, XML is a great solution for something like this.  In dynamic
software, like many assessment packages it is preferrable to separate
the content from the code.  So, if you need to go in and change the
questions, it is much easier to edit an XML document than finding
hard-coded values within a script somewhere.  If you are new to
Director, and programming in general, I recommend sticking to the DOUG
article.  If you wanted to switch to generating question data from other
sources, a bit of rewriting would need to be done.

> But what if I wanted to created a projector file? Would it be the same
method?

I don't remember the article exactly, but projectors can open text files
(XML) from anywhere, so the file doesn't necessarily have to reside in
the DSWMedia folder.  You could even paste the XML content into a text
member and just use that as your source, not having to worry about
external files.  However, I must reiterate that keeping the files
external adds to the flexability.  Plus, the DOUG article has all that
code already written for you.

HTH

Brian Romanko
Lead Developer - Neo/SCI Corporation
Member - Greater Rochester Macromedia User Group