At 09:39 AM 4/23/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>>>OH -- one more thing. If you set the cursor to a hand with something
>>>like mouseWithin,
>>>and then exit the frame where that is being done, the hand might not
>>>reset. You'd want to make sure to add this behavior to everything >that
>>>changes the cursor:
>>
>>   on endSprite me
>>     cursor -1
>>   end
>>
>>This will reset the cursor when the frame is exited permanently.
>>
>>Is it only on mouseWithin? How about mouseUp. MouseEnter and mouseLeave?
>
>You can set the cursor under pretty much any mouse condition; but it's
>important to reset it to the default when the sprite's finished its life
>on the Stage (unless you want to keep the cursor in a modified state).

I have managed to reset my cursor by using the code you provided. Thank
you. I appreciate this.

>>>Well, if there's no change but Director doesn't complain about bad
>>>syntax either, then something else is going on. Is it possible that
>>>the >"rollover" member is the same as the "normal" member? If they look
>>>alike, you wouldn't see a change, after all.
>>
>>No, there is a state change.
>
>Then I guess I'm confused here. I was under the impression that you had a
>behavior that was supposed to change a sprite when the mouse points to it,
>and that this behavior appeared to be malfunctioning or not changing the
>sprite. From the above it seems as though you're saying it is changing it.

No, sorry to confuse you. Your impression is correct.  What I mean is,
there is supposed to be a change  - the 'rollover' member is a different
colour from the 'normal'  member .

  However, maybe you wouldn't call it a state change. I believe that I have
used the word incorrectly.

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply

Noelle