In some cases it's convenient to use 'repeat with anItem in aList',
to roll through the entries of a list. However, pretty often I
realize I need a counter for one reason or other, so i resort to use
'repeat with itemCounter = 1 to aList.count'.

I have often wondered if there's a "hidden counter" somewhere that
Director uses when counting throough the items using 'repeat with
anItem in aList'? If so, can I check the value of that counter and
use it?

No big deal, just curious.

-A.