----- Original Message -----
From: "Howdy-Tzi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On what do you base that assessment?

Well, there are no dependencies on casts, as such, as far as I am aware.
There may be dependencies on members, and there needs to be a default cast
(which is the current active cast, not necessarily Internal anyway) where
new items can be created, but there doesn't need to be any specific
references to Internal for anything. If there are dependencies, they are
physical, not logical dependencies that could be removed by changing the
implementation, but without affecting backward compatability.

Of course, all this is conjecture as I have no idea what web of code goes to
make up Director. I'm assuming that at some point, someone must have
modularised it reasonably well: even if it wasn't done at the first version
I don't think it could have come this far without the codebase being made
fairly well organised, or we'd probably see a lot more bugs and backward
compatability problems than we do. While we do get the odd annoying one or
two, Director is actually amazingly bug-free compared to a lot of software.

- Robert