--- marcus brooke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Guys I hope someone can help,
>
> It was recommended that I get the Buddy Api xtra to
> launch word and excel
> files from a Director exe. But can't for the life of
> me get my head round
> the script.
>
> The script on the help me file is
> set OK = baOpenFile(thepathName & "test.txt",
> "maximsied"
>
> I get the script and what it does, but when I put in
> on a mouse event and
> create a projector is throws up an error message
> "Script Error. Continue?"
> Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?? Help Please.
>
> I'm working in Director 8.0, PC, Windows 98.
> Thanks
> Marcus

Hi Marcus,

The error is due to the reason that you have not put
"budapi.x32" as a file inside the "xtras" folder in
the same level of the projector. ie., your ".exe"
file. Including the same inside projector won't go
with some platforms. Rest of the commands no problem.

Sometimes you have to include "budapi32.dll" too along
with the "budapi.x32" file in the "xtras" folder,
especially when dealing with special command strings.

Cordially,

Biju George.