Mark A. Boyd wrote:
> OK = baOpenFile(the pathName &"test.txt", "maximized")
>
> 3. Even though the Buddy API help file still use it, the pathName is
> obsolete. Substitute it with the moviePath.
>
> OK = baOpenFile(the moviePath &"test.txt", "maximized")

Actually you'll need "Maximised" (note the s instead of z) unless there's a
US version of the xtra for download.
BuddyAPI is from an Australian developer and we speak funny sometimes ;)

Also I noticed you used a .txt file as the test file.  Neither word or excel
will open with this file only notepad in general. (you probably knew that
but was worth mentioning)
You will need to look for the application's location using baFindApp(
"doc" ) baFindApp( "xls" ), doc may return the wordpad location however so I
tend to use baFindApp( "dot" ) then use the lingo "open file with" command
or baShell for more control.

HTH

Brad