> Easiest thing for me is to simply avoid such oddities by swapping like
> member types.

I've worked on a project where I've placed a number of blank bitmaps on the
score and swapped them with text, bitmap, and flash members on the fly based
on user action. I've used this in D 7, 8, and 8.5. My bet is that if you try
the swapping with a blank bitmap it will work. (This might be a little
clumsy though! But u can avoid using puppetsprite.)

Regards,
Anand Ravi