On Tuesday, October 14, 2003, at 05:40 PM, Charlie Fiskeaux II wrote:

If people have bad experiences with Windows, I've found it's usually because
their computing practices contribute heavily to it's instability and
seemingly negative qualities. I've never had a copy of Windows that was
less stable than Macs.

Actually neither have I. However, that's because of my background with UNIX, OS/2, DOS, PRODOS and other CLI and semi-fragile OSen in years previous. Because of that experience I know what stupid things not to do.

Any given OS is stable out of the box. How breakable it becomes due to user stupidity is another factor entirely, and it's indisputable that of all the current OSen extant, Windows is the most breakable. It's very aptly named.

How many other OSen can you list that are prone to viruses by simply retrieving and reading email?

-- WthmO