On Tuesday, October 14, 2003, at 05:39 PM, Colin Holgate wrote:

Anyone have any insight as to why the My Computer window would *only
sometimes* show the custom icon for the CD drive?

Because Windows, in general, sucks?

Hey, them's fighting words! What do you mean "in general"?

It's superior in meaning to "in private", though not as heavy in intent as "in commander-in-chief". Perhaps I should have been more circumspect and instead said "in captain" or "in major" -- though the latter might have implied a majority, and we know that in the US we *must* have proof that majority opinion exists (or a Supreme Court ruling, rendered by nine elderly conservative Caucasians, to the same effect) before we can make such assertions.

-- WthmO