I tried searching for this, because part of it seems like it should be logged a bug, but I'm not sure if I searched on the correct terms. Regardless, here's my problem.

I have a simple "drag and drop" activity, where the user left-clicks on a bitmap sprite, drags it to a target, and releases. Works fine. Except when the user right-clicks on the sprite, drags, and releases. The sprite disappears. However... the place where the sprite should be on screen still changes cursor, and clicking in that area makes the bitmap appear. Until release, when the bitmap goes away again. Odd - I guess the sprite is still there... or the behavior is still there, and the channel is retaining the sprite's rect. Instead of worrying about the root of this strange effect, I thought I'd just lock off the rightmouse button. So, I dropped some dummy event handlers (on rightMouseDown/UP, nothing) into the sprite behavior, which help... except now the cursor leaves the sprite, and the rightMouseUp happens outside the sprite, so only the condition of clicking and releasing inside the sprite is fixed.

Here's what I think is a bug - I put a simple "put" command in the "on mouseUpOutside" handler, and that handler is getting triggered on a right mouseUpOutside.

There is no rightMouseUpOutside event handler, apparently.

Of course, no user should be rightMouse dragging - at least, I can't think of any app where you would use the right mouse to drag anything - but the client has flagged it as a "major" (yeah, right) bug. So, putting "don't try to drag with the friggin' right mouse button" in the readme won't cut it, Warren.

I suppose I could try dropping a screen-sized not-ghosted sprite on top of everything on a global rightmouseDown, and remove it on a global rightmouseUp, but I'd prefer something a tad less sledgehammer-like.

Any thoughts?

-Kurt