From: "Ian Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 10:05 AM
Subject: <lingo-l> VR options in Director

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at a DirectorMX/MX2004 project that requires vr panos.
>
> I've pushed the Quicktime route for superior quality but my client is
unwilling, as staff aren't allowed to install progs.

> I've looked at iPix route and the xtra for Director, but the quailty of
iPix panos are not great (prob because its a 2 x 180 degree shot system).
Zooming in provides inferior results to QTVR.

> The only other route I can think of is using 3D in Director to simulate
cubic/spherical vrs.

> I've done a bit of toying with 3D in MX but I've found that when the
playback head reaches the w3d sprite on the stage, it takes 5-10 seconds to
load.

> Also toyed with antialiasingEnabled off while pano moving and on when
stationary, but switching it off and on makes the system unresponsive for
the same amount of time (5-10 sec) (P4 1.8gHz, GeForce 4)

> My question is: are these the only options we have or are there other
xtras that do a similar job?

> If this is all the options, is there any way to increase the
responsiveness of the 3D route?

> Best regards,
>
> Ian

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]). Lingo-L is
for learning and helping with programming Lingo.  Thanks!]