Chris/Kevan,

thanks for the replies.

The check/load test is something I use all the time with video or other large bits of
media. But that ain't the prob:

There seems to be a delay with not only putting the 3d member on the stage but
switching antialiasing on/off produces the same delay. Maybe because it has to reload
and reapply the texture?

Antialiasing the texture works mch like qtvr but there's a performance hit while it
applies the antialiasing.

My main objective here is to find out what the options are, ie: Can Quicktime be
installed without interrupting the user. Can the quality of iPix files be increased so
they don't look bad when the viewer zoomes in? If I could get rid of the
unresponsiveness then the 3D route may suffice. However, if there are other routes,
I'd be interested to find what they are.

Regards,

Ian

---

One trick I've used to avoid the loading delay is to always keep the 3d
member in the frame. I just resize it to 1x1 pixel and stick it in a corner,
but you could probably also stick it off stage. That way you only get the

> If this is all the options, is there any way to increase the
> responsiveness of the 3D route?

You can test the state of the 3D member and only go to the frame on
which it is displayed when it is fully loaded. It should then display
immediately.

---