Hi,

I'm looking at a DirectorMX/MX2004 project that requires vr panos.

I've pushed the Quicktime route for superior quality but my client is unwilling, as
staff aren't allowed to install progs.

I've looked at iPix route and the xtra for Director, but the quailty of iPix panos are
not great (prob because its a 2 x 180 degree shot system). Zooming in provides
inferior results to QTVR.

The only other route I can think of is using 3D in Director to simulate
cubic/spherical vrs.

I've done a bit of toying with 3D in MX but I've found that when the playback head
reaches the w3d sprite on the stage, it takes 5-10 seconds to load.

Also toyed with antialiasingEnabled off while pano moving and on when stationary, but
switching it off and on makes the system unresponsive for the same amount of time
(5-10 sec) (P4 1.8gHz, GeForce 4)

My question is: are these the only options we have or are there other xtras that do a
similar job?

If this is all the options, is there any way to increase the responsiveness of the 3D
route?

Best regards,

Ian