Hi Greg
Well when you use de software Cleaner for mac (i think in the side of pc they used another name) from discreet, specially in the version 5.xxx they put in the settings of the quicktime files cd-rom category in the option the track the active the checkbox for the mpeg, when I used with that option actived director crash in macos classic and in windows closed the projector. I test without the mpeg option in the new version they desactived this option.

When you used the sorenson 3.xx profesional with cleaner you get more options that the standard version, specially the profesional version works better with the cleaner in mac o pc. You can get a lot of options for the rate in the quality of the videos, some times you can use the version of quicktime you want to use, you can download a test version from discreet

http://www.discreet.com/products/cleaner/cleaner6/

well if this is useful for you let me know. I can help you more. I used the cleaner with sorenson pro for almost 5 years and the results are impresive for the performance in pc i think is the better from the macintosh side.

Bye
Charles