Hi all,

I'm developing a 4-player (at once, on same screen) skee-ball game where
players throw balls down an alley to score points and move horses along a
course to the finish line (insane clients!)

I've got past the most awkward parts - bouncing scripts for the balls when
they travel down the alleys, scoring, moving balls and horses etc.

I've come up against a problem with the keyboard events. The lingo is
detecting the 4 player keys fine(a, l, space and return for now), is
building up the power of the throw OK and is releasing the ball based on
power and direction on a keyUp event (in the frame script).

When I realised that users will be holding down and releasing keys
simultaneously I figured I had to rewrite the frame script. This is where
the problem lies. With keyDown and keyUp events, only the 1st key detected
is focused on. I have now been trying to use keypressed instead as it allows
key detection in Lingo loops but am having no joy. It now does detect other
keys pressed whilst one is held down, but for some reason the keyUp script
is now ignored (completely - I've tested) and no balls are released.

I guess I'm after any help regarding similar scripts. Has anybody else done
a multiplayer (simultaneous action) game using keys and if so, can they
help? Or is the project too ambitious - maybe less players or turn-based
only will work? I know that turn-based would be easier but this way has been
specifically requested. If however, someone knows that this is not poss in
Lingo then I'll have to explain to the client.

frustratedly....8~@

Leon McComish
Web Developer
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]