I am trying to complete a timer that counts down two minutes during a game after the
two minutes we have an "Intermission" come back and have another two minute period.
The Timer is shown on the screen the entire time it is running and we are going to
certain loops within the movie, based upon game interaction.  The code I have is below
and is almost working... however there is a freezing of the timer as director pulls
questions from a pre-randomized list  (this is done in the begging of the game before
we start the timer).  It then jumps ahead to where the timer is supposed to be but
this is unacceptable.  The timer needs to be the most critical function that director
performs.
Any thoughts or Ideas?

on startTheTimer
  global gStartTime, gCurrentString, currTime
  -- count down
  gStartTime = the milliseconds + 120000
  gCurrentString = ""
  currTime = gStartTime - the milliseconds
  if currTime < 0 then
    currTime = 0
  end if
  showTime
end

on showTime  -- I'm calling a showTime from each enterFrame
  global  millisec, minString, secString, milliString, currTime, gCurrentString,
gStartTime
  -- calculate minutes, seconds and milliseconds
  currTime = gStartTime - the milliseconds
  sec = integer(currTime/1000)
  minute = integer(sec/60)
  sec = sec - minute*60
  hour = integer(minute/60)
  minute = minute - hour*60
  millisec = millisec - sec*1000 - minute*60*1000 - hour*60*60*1000
  minString = string(minute+100).char[2..3]&":"
  secString = string(sec+100).char[2..3]
  milliString = string(millisec+1000).char[2..4]
  milliString = "."&milliString.char[1..2]
  -- create time string
  text = minString&secString -- &milliString
  -- update text member only if needed
  if text <> gCurrentString then
    member(37).text = text
    gCurrentString = text