>I am trying to complete a timer that counts down two minutes during a game
>after the two minutes we have an "Intermission" come back and have another
>two minute period.

The basic problem with a frame-based timer is that you can't count on
Director to always maintain your requested frame rate. If it has to do a
lot of processing in one frame, it will wait until the processing is done
before cycling to the next frame (or back to the same frame).

The answer is to use timeout objects, if you have D8. The system then takes
over and periodically calls a handler you define, completely independent of
frames.

Try something like this:

on startTheTimer
   timeout("myTimer").new(1000, #showTime)
end startTheTimer

This will call your showTime handler once a second. You can take it from
there, and display the time the way you want. No worries about frame rates,
though you do want to watch those tight repeat loops.

Cordially,
Kerry Thompson
Learning Network