I want to do something that should be easy, but I've run into a wall here.

I want to be able to put up a "tooltip" box anywhere on the screen.
I tried the simple approach of a field member with a single pixel
outline, but the client wants more space around the outside of the
text.  So, I though this would be a good application of a vector
shape.  I  place the tooltip text I want on the screen in the proper
location, and use a simple rectangle vector box in a channel 1 lower
than the text.  Then, write some code to set the rectangle to the
right size.  I've got the code and everything is close to working,
but there is an oddity with the outline of the box.

I'm using a simple four pointed vector shape, with a 1 pixel outline.
What I want is a box with a 1 pixel border all the way around.  What
I'm getting is a box where the right and bottom lines are perfect,
but the top and left lines are "moved in" by one pixel and the
background color shows outside the top and left.

It's much easier to show than to describe, so I've put a sample program at:

     http://www.furrypants.com/ftp/samplevertexlist.dir

Just click on the background to move the rectangle.  This is a source
program so you can see what I am doing.  If you want to try fiddling
with the vector shape, change the background color to something like
bright green and you'll see that the background color "bleeds" on the
left and top.  (The background in the real program will not be solid
colors, so I can't just set the background of the vector shape to the
background on screen)

A special date with Dick Clark in New York City to anyone who can help me!

Thanks,

Irv
--
Lingo / Director / Shockwave development for all occasions.

        (Over two millions lines of Lingo code served!)