At 9:06 AM -0800 12/29/2000, Irv Kalb wrote:
>I want to do something that should be easy, but I've run into a wall here.
>
>I want to be able to put up a "tooltip" box anywhere on the screen.
>I tried the simple approach of a field member with a single pixel
>outline, but the client wants more space around the outside of the
>text.

Hi Irv  -

Not sure what is happening with the vector shape  - but if I
understand the problem - need for more air around the text, why not
set the margin of the field member? You can set it quite high - more
than what is in the GUI options. Maybe this will help. The syntax is:

member("test").margin = 14
member("test").border = 1

happy new. . .

-Roy
--

     Roy Pardi
Contract Multimedia Developer   +  Lingo Programer