At 23:07 28.01.2001 +0100, Bjarne Nyquist wrote:
> > Another path to go is to save an existing linked castLib under a new name
> > and to link this castLib using importfileinto(). I'm in doubt if this
> would
> > work from a projector but it does in development.
>
>I don´t really see how You would link a castlib to a movie using
>importFileInto(). To my knowledge this function imports media into a
>castlib as opposed to having linked media. For instance usable to make
>linked media "unlinked" when finishing a project.

on linkCastLib dLibName,dLibPath
   -- dLibName is the name of the new Castlib
   -- dLibPath is the path\filename of the castLib
   -- we're linking to the current .dir

   anySlot = findempty(member 1)
   importFileInto(member anySlot, dLibPath)
   dLibNum = the number of castLibs
   (CastLib dLibNum).name = dLibName

   -- return the number
   return dLibNum
end

This function is really useful when creating a series of .dir from a
database of storyboard data.

best regards
daniel plaenitz