coolio. i noticed that buddyapi can do it too, but maybe i'll just use
your code and the filextra.
and while it is true that occasionally irv is a meanie, and i don't want
to let him off the hook, but he was just riffing on my weakest link
nonsense from earlier. i AM a few slices short of a loaf. but tonight
i'm going to go to one of those new oxygen bars in san francisco, so i'm
hoping that'll clear me right up...

--bhakti

Buzz Kettles wrote:

> OUCH!
> You're being mean today, Irv.
>
> btw - I just suggested the same thing offline (use the File Xtra)
>
> note: this Xtra is included in D7 & D8 in the Save As Java folder.
>
> In D8.5, I think the File3 Xtra (updated) is in the Goodies or Partners folder.
>
> -Buzz
>
> At 4:56 PM -0700 6/19/01, Irv Kalb wrote:
> >>so,
> >>does anyone know how i can create a new, empty folder?
> >>

> >Bhakti,
> >
> >I use Kent Kersten's free FileXtra to do this.
> >
> >   http://www/kblab.net/xtras
> >
> >Here's the code:
> >
> >   fullPathToFolder = ...
> >
> >   xFileXtra = XTRA("FileXTRA3").new()
> >   fFolderExists = xFileXtra.fx_FolderExists(fullPathToFolder)
> >   if not(fFolderExists) then
> >     retVal = xFileXtra.fx_FolderCreate(fullPathToFolder)
> >   end if
> >   xFileXtra = 0
> >
> >Statistically, you have gotten all your questions wrong today, now
> >we know who is not the sharpest pencil in the box.  Goodbye.  :)
> >
> >Irv
> >

> >--
> >
> >Lingo / Director / Shockwave development for all occasions.
> >   (Home-made Lingo cooked up fresh every day just for you.)
> >
> >[To remove yourself from this list, or to change to digest mode, go to
> >http://www.penworks.com/LUJ/lingo-l.cgi  To post messages to the list,
> >email [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED])
> >Lingo-L is for learning and helping with programming Lingo.  Thanks!]

R. Bhakti Klein
Educational Software R & D
http://www.DLWorkshop.net
Baritone
"On Earth, you can only do little things;
but you can do them with a lot of Love."
                              -- Mother Theresa