Peter Small had some errors in his book and put an errata sheet on
his website.  You can find it at:

   http://www.avatarnets.com/sitejuly2001/popUpPage.html?overview/lserrata.htm

However, many people feel that his book is somewhat difficult to
understand and his presentation of objects is not "mainstream".  The
discussion of objects as viruses that you are trying to work through
is an example of his unusual view of object oriented programming.

For what I think is a more straight-forward real world description of
some underlying concepts of OOP, I invite you to read my free
(unfinished) on-line book at:

   http://www.furrypants.com/loope

Irv

--

Lingo / Director / Shockwave development for all occasions.

   (Home-made Lingo cooked up fresh every day just for you.)