> As an example this looks good to me. Looks like you got your
> method/handler
> names already in place. Is this the only object? Will it be
> communicating
> with other objects? I believe you mentioned a slider in your

these are the questions that I am interested in discussing. it seemed
in the original posting that the implication is that if you had to be
getting data from an object, you were not architecting the object
well. I'm trying to get to a consensus, if there can be such a thing,
about good OOP design in the Lingo environment.

so how do you have a slider behavior communicate with a
QTPlaybackObject? or do you? the slider needs to know the current
location of the movie. should it get the information itself from the
movie, or should it retrieve it from the object - which is always
monitoring the cuttent location? and of course the slider needs to
control the movie. of course it will do so through the methods in the
QTPlaybackObject. that is not a difficulty.

Christian also brought up the desire for a streaming/loaded status and
suggested putting it in the monitorPlaybackStatus method. I suggest
that we a new method, monitorPreloadStatus. this method would/could be
called from the initialization routines in the object. once it is
TRUE, then the method sets the pPlaybackStatus property to something
that signifies "ready", perhaps as differentiated from stopped or
paused or anything.

is Irv out there? if so, what do you think?

Al

Al Hospers
CamberSoft, Inc.
al<at>cambersoft<dot>com
http://www.cambersoft.com

Shockwave and Director development, Lingo programming, CGI scripting.

A famous linguist once said:
"There is no language wherein a double
positive can form a negative."

YEAH, RIGHT