Ahem, are you exploring new boundaries of purist OOP, and at the same
time considering globals???
Let alone, that from a practical point of view, it would obstruct
multiple simultaneous instances.

I think the key issue is:
No matter how convoluted you make the structure, to avoid having a
"getter" method in the qtObject, you will either wrap the slider-code
inside the main qtObject, or accept passing data from one object and
to another at some point.

I just can't see a solution with all the slider code inside the main
object, as being superior to a solution with a main-object and a
slider-object... where is compartmentalization?

What is the big principal advantage of the qtObject sending the data
to the slider object rather than the slider object "getting" it from
the qtObject? I'm not arguing, that this could be an appropriate
system, maybe I would do it that way anyway, I just can't see it as
being more ideally abstracted than a system where the main object was
oblivious to its clients, who polled the information as they desired.
Yes, you could minimize the amount of messages if the qtObject
stopped pushing info into the slider when there were no news, but
that's another issue, and besides it requires the main object to
"know", that the "client" slider doesn't need updates when the main
object is in a special state, thus compromising the implementation
hiding of the client.

Come on, light my bulb!

Jakob