Yes I did woodwork, metalwork, photography, cooking, sewing, language,
music, art, history, geography.
I think all of these things are powerful for different reasons.

If stem gives you abstract science, all of the practical arts give you
hands on experience of real life chemistry, physics, and the feeling of
making something and trying to improve until you can make them well, skills
you need for creativity and innovation. Making stuff, making mistakes and
learning from them, being able to connect theoretical science to practical
work.

History, geography, language, are the foundation for the humanities and
arts that we need to be able to question borked economics, foreign
interactions, law, civil rights, society, how to change patterns. I think
we need economic innovation to underpin the practical work. At this point
our economics is a funnel extracting value and capacity from the country at
a rate of knots. Where do people get the practical experience to think
about different kind of economic models, different kinds of governance,
management/leadership? Volunteering perhaps? But it would be interesting to
be able to step into other kinds of management of our ecological and social
commons to learn how to be constructive?
reciprocal, innovative?

Experiment with currencies and how they are framed, what they mean, where
the tensions go, experiment without currencies, what happens with a
universal basic income, what happens in an IP free zone.

What would it take to have properly free health and university education
with enough resources to do the practical subjects which require one on one
rather than en masse lockstep approaches. If those things are the
underpinning for the innovation we are losing then how do we make an
economics that delivers that? Preferably without any other borked ideas
like nuclear, dependence on non-sustainable mining, flattening forests,
emptying seas.

Technology can only help if we get the foundation value structure on a
stable sustainable peaceful footing.

imho