Karl Auer

Can you genuinely not see how misuse of medical information might hurt
> you, or how a Government might wish to use it for purposes that we the
> population may not want or approve of? If you genuinely cannot, then
> say so and we will try to elucidate. But I fear you are being
> rhetorically obtuse.

I'm not being rhetorically obtuse.  I want explicit information: risks,
likelihood estimates.  The reason I ask is I believe that this argument is
taking place in a mythological zone where the government is some kind weird
evil entity single mindedly set on subjugation of the good people of the
land.  That's a silly narrative, even if it is currently a standard part of
the groupthink.  Australia regularly does well on independent quality of
government indexes, eg, http://info.worldbank.org/governance/wgi/#reports.
If you are seriously running a narrative that Australia is an evil state,
check out the competition.

I previously ask for an example of harm enabled through too much government
information and got the Stolen Generation.  Is that realistic?  Should the
government abrogate child protection because that requires information?  Or
was the stolen generation more realistically a result of racist attitudes
of both the government, and the populace, at the time?

My approach to this would be to ask for solid quantifiable facts.  So what
explicit risks do you see?  How likely?  How serious is the harm?  (Most
importantly from my point of view how does it weigh up the the potential
benefits of the shared health record but as you have claimed that benefits
are nonexistent or negligible we can leave that out for now.)

I'm hearing what appear to me to be a lot of lot of fluffy and
unsubstantiated claims around here. One - or both of us - are off the
rails. I don't have a problem changing my mind but I need evidence not
narratives.  A list of what you think are actual risks with a real chance
of happening would help.

Jim