On Wednesday, 1 May 2019 15:38:41 AEST Jevan Pipitone wrote:

> I worked for a number of tutoring companies in the past as a volunteer, to
> tutor university students by email & phone with me working from home.
>
> All of the students wanted help with assignments, none of them wanted just
> general learning.

Having been on the other side of the assignment process, I think that's a very
big worry.  The purpose of an assignment is to assess what the student knows
and _understands_ and, by implication, what parts of the subject need to be
reinforced.  How is that possible when external tutors are involved?

These days assignments often count towards a student's end-of-year assessment
too.

David L.