From: Rick Troth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 10:47
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Managing Linux guests under z/VM

For SHUTDOWN,
one thing that helps is to have a root shell running
on the virtual machine console.   This would bypass Linux's
sign-on mechanism,  but presumes you are covered by VM's sign-on
(which is true in this case).   With that,  you can code some REXX
to do the CP SEND to initiate a shutdown on each Linux guest.
Careful to use the case preserving interface to CP SEND,
that is Diag(08,'SEND') rather than just 'CP SEND' in your EXECs.