On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 12:04:59PM -0500, Dave Myers wrote:

> In a message dated 1/22/2002 9:59:24 AM Mountain Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>

> > I haven't heard anyone actually suggest a new
> > business model for SuSE based on cheap prices, just whining about the new
> > price.
>
> Most of us are not whining about the support costs...just the fact that
> they're forcing that cost on us up front....without giving us a free or
> inexpensive
> way to demo and sell our management on SuSE S/390 Linux.
> Without that...a lot  of us can not convince our management to take a serious
> look at S/390 Linux.

...  which is why Red Hat decided to make its GA 7.2 tree available at:

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/7.2/en/os/s390/

You can either use the older SuSE release or another distribution vendor
for convincing management, I suppose.

Regards,

DS..

/* David Sainty,  Open Source Technology Researcher,  Red Hat, Inc. */
/* [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.redhat.com/    Facta Non Verba. */
/*       Registered Linux User #23207 - http://counter.li.org       */