From: Moloko Monyepao [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 9:35 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Sendmail Perfomance

I have sendmail 8.11.6-3 installed on Redhat 7.2 (server installation) on
S390(Lpar) with an IFL dedicated to this Lpar. We made the  O QueueLA=10 and
the O RefuseLA=12 which is the same setup as on my Intel machine. When using
top to check the load the following is what I get. The O
MaxDaemonChildren=100 on S390 and 300 on Intel.

Intel Machine = The Load average does not go over 10% when setup for both
incoming and outgoing mail.

S390 Machine = The Load average goes to more than 10% and it start rejecting
connections if we set it up for both incoming and outgoing mail and it gets
up to about 6 to 8% if we only set it up for outgoing mail which is not a
lot.

Please assist
Moloko