Robert;

Significant performance increases will be seen using the ReiserFS for
Queues dirs due to the small random file counts. You can find all kinds of
info on ReiserFS on the IBM site. The other thing you would really want to
investigate is Sendmail 8.12. Yes, Yes, not just another "go to the new
rev" 8.10 actually performs better in some cases, 8.12 has this
performance plus advantages in the allocation of processes and queue
definition. I do know that SuSE builds of 8.12 are available, have not
checked right away on zSeries. You can always use source.

We have also seen large performance gains on 2.4.18, especially with the
SuSE patch from Andrea (VM33).

Regards,

Jon

Jon R. Doyle