Try to read README and INSTALL files. It's easy.

WBR, Sergey

                    "Peter E.
                    Abresch Jr.   -        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    at Pepco"              cc:
                    <peabresch@pepc        Subject:     Upgrading Samba from 2.2.0a to
2.2.5
                    o.com>
                    Sent by: Linux
                    on 390 Port
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    ARIST.EDU>

                    11.07.2002
                    18:02
                    Please respond
                    to Linux on 390
                    Port

We are running SuSE SLES7 beta Linux Kernel 2.4.7. The Samba delivered was
Samba 2.2.0a. I used YAST to install the source and created a source tree
under /usr/src/samba-2.2.0a. I downloaded all the patches and successfully
applied them up to 2.2.5.

My question is where do I go from here? I know I have to compile the
source. What are the commands or sequence of commands necessary? I here a
lot about the .spec file. What is it and what do I do with it? Are there
any gotchas? I appreciate any assistance this newbie can receive. Thanks.

Peter E. Abresch Jr.