Phil,

I was running the cloning demo (using IUCV) in the last Linuxworld. The
demo was running on a z800  with the latest shark. The images that was
created have 64m virtual memory and 150 cylinders R/W "/", 100 cylinders
swap disk,  R/O /usr  and R/O /usr/src. The first images take about 15
seconds. Through out the day we created more than 500 images and it average
out between 30-45 seconds.

The redpaper using larger minidisk and VQDIO and I have not have a chance
to running on the same z800 with the shark.

Chong

Tung-Sing Chong
Software Engineer
zSeries Software Development
Endicott, NY
T/l : 852-5342 Outside Phone: 607-752-5342
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Phil Payne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 09/04/2002 12:32:17
PM

Please respond to Linux on 390 Port <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by:    Linux on 390 Port <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>