> Given an IFL running zVM and several Linux/390 images, is it
> better to fan out to all the Linux images from zVM's TCPIP,
> or should TCPIP talk to a selection of images, with these
> images each handling several end machines, more like a tree
> structure?

If you have a version of z/VM that supports guest LANs, you should be
using guest LANs and eliminating the point-to-point links wherever
possible, if nothing else to keep from going insane handling the
addressing.

This provides a third option: using VM TCP (or a Linux TCP stack) to
control a physical adapter and connecting to multiple guest LANs acting
as a router. Guests on the LAN talk directly to each other (just as the
do on an external network) and only inter-segment traffic passes through
the "router".

> And lastly: When I install SuSE, it lists the IUCV driver as
> experimental. Is it experimental, but stable, and I should
> take a look at it, or is it experimental, and unstable, and I
> should stick to the vCTCA's I'm currently using?

Get rid of the CTCs as fast as you can. If you don't have a guest LAN
capable VM, then the IUCV stuff is about as stable as the CTC driver.