> > Quote from article:
> > "I still believe Linux is an extension of the Unix paradigm. It's a
> > command-line-focused approach that's not particularly designed to be
> > user friendly. The Windows approach is very different.
>
> Read: windows is not scriptable.

I call it the "trained monkey" approach.  To get anything done with Windows
applications, you
have to sit in front of the thing and practice hand-eye co-ordination.  I also stopped
talking to the world in little pictures at the age of three.

> Also note: now they try to say that linux is "something of IBM". This
> strategy will only work until HP will show more public interest in linux

HP has claimed only this week to be the largest Linux vendor with revenues of $2bn.
They're
also running non-disclosure briefings with analysts right at this moment.

For fun:

http://www.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/03/01/23/030123hnunixdeath.xml

Amongst other things, a 64-bit DB2 beta from IBM.  Wasn't someone here looking for
that? And:

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/breaking_5.html

"Industry sources said this was the largest contract between Israel's
Defense Ministry and Microsoft. They said the company will supply Israel's
defense and military establishment with services in the field of data
protection that will prevent hackers from entering and disrupting computers
in the military and security agencies."

Let's hope they're a little more effective than the Patriots.  Gullible bunch, the
Israeli
military.

--
  Phil Payne