Hello again from Gregg C Levine
Phil, I take an insult from that last line. It so happens that the
Patriots that we sold the Israelis just before the Gulf war, had a big
problem. Us. We blew it on the software behind the whole systems. The
Block II, and Block III birds are all fully capable. It was a
cumulative error as I recall. Get your facts right, before you stuff
your feet in your mouth, and alienate all of us. And it happens that
the software that Microsoft is writing now, is several times better,
but no better the stuff that Linux wears, someplace. Its also *****
expensive, so that maybe part of your diatribe. So, I think you've
goofed big time.
-------------------
Gregg C Levine [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi

Of
> Phil Payne
> Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 4:54 AM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [LINUX-390] Microsoft shows Linux some respect
>
> > > Quote from article:
> > > "I still believe Linux is an extension of the Unix paradigm.
It's a
> > > command-line-focused approach that's not particularly designed
to be
> > > user friendly. The Windows approach is very different.
> >
> > Read: windows is not scriptable.
>
> I call it the "trained monkey" approach.  To get anything done with
Windows
> applications, you
> have to sit in front of the thing and practice hand-eye
co-ordination.  I also stopped
> talking to the world in little pictures at the age of three.
>
> > Also note: now they try to say that linux is "something of IBM".
This

http://www.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/03/01/23/030123hnunixdeath.xm

> Amongst other things, a 64-bit DB2 beta from IBM.  Wasn't someone
here looking
> for that? And:
>
> http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/breaking_5.html
>
> "Industry sources said this was the largest contract between
Israel's
> Defense Ministry and Microsoft. They said the company will supply
Israel's
> defense and military establishment with services in the field of
data
> protection that will prevent hackers from entering and disrupting
computers
> in the military and security agencies."
>
> Let's hope they're a little more effective than the Patriots.
Gullible bunch, the Israeli