> One more question...

> We have two GbE OSA adapters used by our production system for TCPIP.
>Is there any problem sharing one of these with the LINUX LPAR?

Funny you should ask.

Since you say LINUX LPAR, I'm assuming you have a single Linux image in
an LPAR, rather than a network of penguins under VM.

In that case, no, there's not a problem (remember to specify PORTNAME
appropriately in /etc/chandev.conf!).

If, however, you have a penguin farm that you want to get to via an OSA
attached to a stack that's doing routing for you (whether z/VM or
Linux), then that OSA has to be set as PRIROUTER.  Check the last couple
days' archives to see how I *really* feel about this.

Adam