On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 12:39:39PM -0500, Alex deVries wrote:
> I have two xedit questions.  Two.

Only two?

> 1. Is there an xedit for Linux?  You get bonus points if it is open source.

There's THE (The Hessling Editor).  It's GPL'ed and available from
   http://hessling-editor.sourceforge.net/
I haven't used it, though I'm sure others on the list can let you know how
similar (or not) it is to real XEDIT.

> 2. Is there some sort of "Xedit for dummies" or "Xedit for the vi user"?
> Is there a one page cheat sheet?

There's an "Emacs and vi Commands for VM/XEDIT Users" cheatsheet:
   http://www-it.desy.de/support/help/uco_documentation/xedit.ps
It's intended for VM users moving to a Unix system, but it's still very
helpful.

Dave
--
 ('>  Dave O'Neill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,  Staff Scientist, Linuxcare, Inc.
 //\  tel: (613) 562-9949  fax: (613) 562-9304  http://www.linuxcare.com/