Unfortunately, I've found that a lot of the vendor packaged RPMS have local patches
and "enhancements" that complicate the spec files.  Often the patches have to be
removed (or even worse, refitted)
to use a spec file with a higher level of the source tarball.

This is where the book comes in VERY handy.

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify
the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose,
copy, retain or redistribute it.

Click here for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.
     <http://www.ml.com/email_terms/>