Hi, Ken.

Yes, there's an easy way to do this. First make sure you've installed
the VNC server on SLES8. I can't remember now if it's installed as part
of the default SuSE installation or not, but it is included on the SuSE
CDs.

Then, log in as root and start the VNC server, like so:

SLES8 # vncserver &

(I like to use & to run the server in the background). You should then
be able to use any VNC client to connect to the SLES8 image running on
z/VM. You'll have to tell the client what IP address and "display
number" to use. I personally like the PMVNC client, running on my OS/2
(ECS) laptop.

DJ

Ken Vance wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way of giving users a GUI desktop to a z/VM SuSE 8 server?  I
have been using the export display to the Hummingbird exceed product on
some of the installs, but I am not sure if that is the best way for
general access.  Is there a way to sign-on from Internet Explorer?

Eventually the users will be using this system for C++ compiles and source
management.

Thanks,

Ken Vance
Amadeus

-- Dave Jones Sine Nomine Associates Houston, TX 281.578.7544