From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ken
Vance
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 4:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: GUI interface, X-windows with Exceed or WEB access?

Hi Mark,

I can see what you mean about the CPU usage for GUI type access.  I started
the VNC server, and connected via a web interface.  I started TOP, and just
by moving the cursor around in the web window, the CPU usage for VNC would
jump from under 1% to almost 10%!

We will just give the users access via the PuTTY telnet software.  When we
move to the next step for compiles, then we will use a client/server setup.
Their PC can do all the GUI work, and the z/VM Linux server can do the
compiles and source control.  No graphics on the z/VM side.

Thanks for all of the responses.

Thanks,

Ken Vance
Amadeus