Peter E. Abresch Jr. - at Pepco wrote:

I rebooted my Linux system after 45 days and now I am receiving the
following error:

modprobe: modprobe: Can?t open dependencies file
/lib/modules/2.4.21-107-default/modules.dep (no such file or directory)

I have no network connectivity and my HMC console does not seem to be
processing any commands. Can someone help me? Thanks.

So it looks like you don't have the kernel modules that go with this
kernel. Is this the old kernel or a new one? Could it be that you missed
running zipl when you installed the new kernel and removed the old
kernel modules? Look in /boot whether you have other kernels and run
zipl if you must.

Rob