Look at VMFINFO to determine if an APAR is applied.

This APAR is for CP and has two PTFs 1 for z/VM 430 UM30888 and 1 for 440
UM30889

Issue the command
        VMFINFO ZVM comp ( SETUP

Where comp is CP or CPSFS

Put an "S" next to the line for PTFs/APARs, and hit enter
Put UM3088x on the PTF line, and
Place an "S" on the Status of PTF line, and hit enter

You should receive something along the lines of this

                        Query Output - PTF Status

  PPF fileid .....: ZVM       PPF  D
  Component name .: CPSFS              Setup ..: YES
  Product ID .....: 4VMVMB40           System .: VM
PTF: UM30889
Receive status: RECEIVED.02/05/04.15:19:40.MAINT
Apply status:   APPLIED.07/27/03.05:12:24.MAINT

Hope this helps

Larry