That APAR is built into the base for r440 starting at service level 0301
(0303 for r430) so it should be there.  Noting that "stuff" happens
however, its always a good thing to make sure.  From a presentation I went
to not long ago, using VSWITCH as a fail-over between OSA's sounds like a
good thing.

As for all your guest being in the Q3 list, links off of:
http://www.vm.ibm.com/perf/
will get you to:
http://www.vm.ibm.com/perf/tips/linuxper.html
and within that page, SRM STORBUF settings sounds like a good place to
start (and possibly QUICKDSP for crucial production guest).

Best Regards,
  Kurt Acker

"Ronan C. Resende" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
06/07/2004 10:50 AM
Please respond to
Linux on 390 Port

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc

Subject
Re: APAR VM63282

Using VMFINFO, as suggested by Larry, I concluded that our system have the
PTF applied.
Kurt, we don't have a specific guest performance problem, but as pointed
by
David Duff, it is not good to let idles guests in Q3. ALL of our guests
are in Q3, most of them are not idle, but even the idle ones don't go out
Q3.
What can I do? We are using OSA devices, should I use VSWITCH instead, as
suggested by Rob?

Thanks to all replies,

Ronan

Ronan,
The results of the Q CPLEVEL does not necessarily mean that the APAR is on
your system. You need to look more deeply.

Kurt,
Any time a user is in Q3 (unnecessarily) and you can find a way to change
that, it is good for your user farm. Q3 users get an enormous slice of the
pie compared to those in a more interactive one and thus cause a more
jerky
( or perhaps a less consistent ) feel by those trying to vie for
resources.
The better you keep your users in Q0 or Q1 the happier all of your users
that will be.