If I read the APAR correctly, it does not eliminate the need for guest to
be dropped from the Q3 dispatch list, it just eliminates some network type
activity from increasing the VMDIOACT counter field that may unnecessarily
keep guest in a dispatch list.  If the commands below only move you into
other queues, its probably do to the guest still having some outstanding
work, or the dispatcher believing you have some outstanding work that
needs to complete.

The big question is, are you experiencing a guest performance problem and
looking at this as the reason why?

Kurt Acker

Q CPLEVEL
z/VM Version 4 Release 4.0, service level 0402 (64-bit)

It means that we have the PTF applied??
But our linux guests are still always in Q3. If we put down our eth0 and
do a rmod qdio, the linux guest go to other queues.

Thanks,

Ronan