VM will attempt to automatically restart after an abend.  Check
OPERATORs RDR for VM console logs.  After an abend one of the first
messages that should come up should indicate why it re-ipled.

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 15:40, Henderson, Louis E. wrote:
> Sure enough q cplevel shows 7 a.m or so in the morning there was an IPL.
> It wasn't always that way. I don't know who changed it.  Where would an
> automatic IPL request or setting be located in VM?
>
> Thanks!
> MVS SYSPROG swimming in VM.

Rich Smrcina
illustro Systems International, LLC
                    --- See The Light---
Visit www.illustro.com to experience:
    z/Web-Host -- Easy Web-enabling for your Mainframe
    z/XML-Host -- Easy XML Enablement for your Mainframe

Tel: +1.214.800.8900  Fax: +1.214.800.8989

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2005 - Colorado Springs - May 20-24, 2005