I could see that being true when coupled with the mindset of 'if it fails,
trash it' because you're not spending FTE dollars troubleshooting things
and spending thousands of man hours in problem determination. That might just
be enough to offset environmentals.

             "Fargusson.Alan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
             Sent by: Linux on 390 Port
             <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU

                                                                   cc
             05/04/2006 02:53 PM

                                                              Subject
                                                                     Re: Google
out of capacity?
                            Please respond to
               Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>

A long time ago I read that they did TCO studies, and found it less costly to
buy lots of low cost hardware over buying fewer high cost systems.