Jay Maynard wrote:

A nice fast 8-way Opteron would probably outrun the average PartnerWorld
Flex-ES box, but that's hardly an apples-to-apples comparison. :-)

I'd be content to judge their finest against the finest alternative to
be a fair comparison.

If _I_ wanted the best possible box to run zLinux on, _I_ would not be
concerned with apples-to-apples but rather dollars-to-performance.

In such an environment, lack of VM might not matter so much, the
virtualisation could be done natively rather than in the emulated
environment.

--

Cheers
John