The point he was trying to make is that a lot of people think that it is true.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Life with Linux ended up less ideal, for various reasons (mostly
political, imho). We now find that z/VM reveals way to much details
about the real system to the guest, and Linux code deals with those
details as if it were running on bare metal. And everyone thinks that
it is normal that you would need to upgrade all your Linux virtual
machines just because you moved their mini disks from one DASD
subsystem to the other.

The above is not true.  I migrated Suse 7, Suse8 and Suse 9 images that
were on minidisks residing on a combination of MP3000 Internal Dasd and
Ramac Dasd Subsystem to DS6800.  3390 minidisks to 3390 minidisks.
Linux didn't know or cared a thing about it.

--
Stephen Frazier
Information Technology Unit